- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian sci-fi channel Space has a pact with Syfy to co-produce the adventure drama Killjoys from Orphan Black producer Temple Street Productions.
The cross-border co-venture comes from showrunner Michelle Lovretta and follows a trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout a distant system.
Space gave the project a series order in October 2013.
Now, with Syfy picking up the Canadian series, production on an initial 10 episodes will start in August in Toronto, ahead of a 2015 debut on Space.
“With its explosive action, smartly drawn characters and fun and provocative storylines, Killjoys has all the ingredients to make it the perfect complement to our expanding slate of quality science fiction drama series,” said Dave Howe, president of Syfy, in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day