- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Syfy has renewed the Canadian time-traveling drama Continuum for a second season.
The cable channel ordered another 13 episodes of the sci-fi series from Reunion Pictures that stars Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present-day Vancouver.
The sophomore season of Continuum, which airs in Canada on Showcase, will launch June 7 on Syfy.
The first season, which debuted Jan. 14, averaged 1.35 million total viewers on Monday nights.
The second season of Continuum will see Cameron pick up from the rookie-season finale where she fights a ticking clock to prevent a cataclysmic act of terrorism.
The Canadian drama co-stars Victor Webster as Detective Carlos Fonnegra and Erik Knudsen (Jericho) as teen tech genius Alec Sadler.
Executive producers are series creator Simon Barry, Pat Williams and Tom Rowe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day