- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – No word on pointy hats and shoes, but Saving Hope‘s Tammy Isbell, Tommie-Amber Pirie and Kiara Glasco have joined the second season of Bitten, the Space and Syfy drama, as a coven of witches.
Isbell will play calm coven leader Ruth Winterbourne, while Pirie is cast as Ruth’s daughter and Glasco (Copper) stars as Savannah Levine.
Returning to Bitten for the second season, shot in and around Toronto, is lead Laura Vandervoort, who plays a female werewolf, and co-stars Greg Bryk, Greyston Holt, Steve Lund and Michael Xavier.
Canada’s Space channel originally commissioned Bitten from No Equal Entertainment, Entertainment One Television and Hoodwink Entertainment, before the series was acquired by Syfy stateside.
The producers are shooting another 10 episodes ahead of a 2015 return on Space and Syfy.
The Canadian drama is part of Syfy’s stable of foreign and domestic acquisitions that includes Lost Girl, Continuum, the upcoming Spartacus and The Almighty Johnsons.
Bitten is executive produced by J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, John Barbisan and Patrick Banister for Hoodwink Entertainment and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss and Margaret O’Brien for Entertainment One.
Daegan Fryklind (Motive, The Listener) is the showrunner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day