- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taryn Manning, the Hustle & Flow and 8 Mile actress who recently appeared in Hawaii Five-O and Sons of Anarchy, has joined the cast of indie feature Low Down.
The movie stars John Hawkes and Elle Fanning with the roll call also including Glenn Close, Peter Dinklage and Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The story centers on a jazz pianist (Hawkes) who played with greats such as Charlie Parker and Miles Davis but struggled with heroin addiction. This movie tells his story through the eyes of his daughter (Fanning).
Manning will play a failed actress turned junkie struggling to raise her son.
Ron Yerxa and Albert Berger are producing with Mark Ruffalo as one of the executive producers. Shooting begins next month in Los Angeles. Jeff Preiss is directing.
Manning recently completed shooting a season-long arc on Netflix’s new series Orange Is the New Black from Weeds creator Jenji Kohan. Last year, she appeared opposite Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci in the indie Love Ranch.
Manning is repped by APA, Oren Segal of MPE, and Bruce Gellman of Felker Toczek Gellman Suddelson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day