- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WHISTLER, B.C. — Orphan Black breakout star Tatiana Maslany on Sunday repeated as best actor at the Whistler Film Festival.
Maslany won for best performance in a Borsos competition film for her role in Cas & Dylan, where she stars opposite Richard Dreyfuss in the Whistler opener by director Jason Priestley.
She also prevailed in 2012 at Whistler for her star turn Kate Melville‘s coming-of-age drama Picture Day.
Maslany has since played multiple clones on the BBC America and Space drama Orphan Black and will portray a love interest for Aziz Ansari’s Tom Haverford in Parks and Recreation.
Other Whistler award winners include Bruce McDonald’s The Husband winning the Borsos trophy for best Canadian feature, and the world documentary award going to Mitchell Kezin’s Jingle Bell Rocks!
And the best mountain culture film award went to Lucy Walker’s The Crash Reel, Whistler’s closing night picture about American champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce‘s painful journey back from sustaining a traumatic brain injury while training for the Olympics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day