- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tatum O’Neal, star of OWN’s new reality series Ryan & Tatum: The O‘Neals, is defending her father Ryan over remarks he made concerning his ex-wife Farrah Fawcett‘s death.
During an appearance on Piers Morgan Tonight on Monday, the elder O’Neal suggested that it was his family who may have caused the cancer that led to the Charlie’s Angels star’s demise. He said, “What bothers me the most is that there was turmoil during my love affair with Farrah. A lot of it caused by my family, by my kids. All of them, but particularly Tatum.”
Tatum read the transcript of the interview and says Ryan’s words were “taken out of context.” She tells Extra, “I think he’s sort of unhappy the way that it got misconstrued, if you will. I think it was taken out of context.”
Tatum is making the publicity rounds promoting her reality series as well as her new book Found: A Daughter’s Journey Home, which chronicles her recovery from substance abuse.
O’Neal received a best supporting actress Oscar at the age of 10 for Paper Moon and starred in films like The Bad News Bears and Little Darlings. More recently, she co-starred on Rescue Me as Denis Leary‘s sister Maggie.
The O’Neals airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on OWN.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day