- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taylor Kitsch and Judd Apatow are the latest honorees to be added to CinemaCon’s lineup for its April 26 awards gala. The annual gathering of theater owners gets under way April 23 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Kitsch — the star of Universal’s summer tentpole Battleship — will receive the CinemaCon Male Star of Tomorrow Award, while Apatow has been tapped for the Cinema Award of Excellence in Filmmaking.
CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser praised both men in announcing the awards.
“Judd Apatow has written, directed and or produced many this moviegoing generation’s most memorable and entertaining comedies,” he said. “Having impressed television audiences with his engrossing portrayal of a troubled Texas high school fullback in Friday Night Lights, Taylor Kitsch continues to dive into each assigned role with an incredible passion that shines through all of his work.”
Kitsch is having a busy year at the box office. He starred in this spring’s John Carter and also will be seen this summer in Oliver Stone‘s Savages.
Apatow is next in theaters in December with This Is 40, the first feature he’s directed since Funny People in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day