- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taylor Swift has got Kesha’s back, and then some.
Swift has pitched in $250,000 to help Kesha with any “financial needs” following a judge’s decision to uphold the artist’s recording contract with Dr. Luke and Sony.
“In a show of support, Taylor Swift has donated $250,000 to Kesha to help with any of her financial needs during this trying time,” a spokesperson for Swift tells Billboard.
Swift joins the likes of Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Lorde, Demi Lovato and many others to openly side with Kesha, who alleges that songwriter-producer Dr. Luke drugged and raped her a decade ago and asked the court that she be allowed to record outside his purview.
Kesha’s recording contract with Dr. Luke was upheld in court Friday.
Many supporters of Kesha have been using the trending hashtag #FreeKesha since the court’s decision.
This story first appeared on Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day