- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taylor Swift has donated $5,000 to help a fan’s family after 18-year-old Katie Beth Carter of Georgia died in a car crash over Labor Day weekend.
On Thursday, Swift contributed to a GoFundMe campaign intended to help cover the teenager’s medical expenses and funeral arrangements.
“Kimi, No words could express how sorry I am for your loss,” Swift wrote to Katie’s sister. “I know that you will keep Katie’s memory alive. Please know how much I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for your family. All my love, Taylor.”
Kimi Carter posted Taylor’s message on Instagram, writing, “this…… I cannot believe this at all….. thank you so much, Taylor…. me and my sister are smiling so hard… @taylorswift.”
Katie Beth Carter was a freshman at Jacksonville State University and a member of the school’s Marching Ballerina squad. At the time of publishing, the Carter family had raised more than $36,000 of its $40,000 goal within three days.
A photo posted by ??? (@iamkimicarter) on
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day