- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now we know what Taylor Swift listens to when she gets ready to go out. “Oh my god I love this song, I used to listen to this in middle school!” Swift says in a new Apple Music ad that dropped early Monday morning in which she dials up the 2001 song “The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World.
After putting on some of her signature red lipstick, Swift then proceeds to earnestly and somewhat goofily dance around and lip-synch to the classic alternative jam for nearly a minute. Singing into her lipstick, Taylor bounces around a bathroom, flips her hair and plays some mean air guitar like nobody (but really everybody) is watching.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) April 18, 2016
The ad debuted two weeks after Swift’s epic treadmill fail spot in which she wiped out while running to Drake’s “Jumpman.” To date, that ad has been viewed more than 15 million times on YouTube.
Will Taylor’s ad spark a similar chart renaissance for the Arizona rockers? It remains to be seen, but it’s no surprise she’s jamming out to “The Middle” in the ad. Taylor performed the song during an Arizona stop on her 2011 Speak Now tour with Jimmy singer Jim Adkins and the band returned the favor in 2013 with a cover of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
This story first appeared on Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day