- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Clearly the spring/summer 2016 runways weren’t only predicting a trend for the next season when they showed a slew of models in little to no makeup — they were on top of a very current look that shows no signs of slowing. That’s because Taylor Swift’s GQ cover features the singer in barely-there cosmetics, along with tousled hair.
This marks the first time Swift — who was shot beachside in Malibu by photographer Michael Thompson — has appeared on the cover of the popular men’s glossy. And per the look of the moment, they went super-natural in the styling, from her black bikini and taupe tank dress to the lack of obvious makeup.
At fashion week, designers including Alexander Wang, Gucci, Isabel Marant and Balmain all shunned mascara, foundation and other techniques like contouring in favor of fresh skin and nude tones. On her cover, Swift is likely wearing foundation, some subtle liner and maybe a lip stain, but it’s all super-natural — perfect for her beachy venue.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day