- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
T.D. Jakes has signed with CAA, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. He previously was with WME.
OWN on Tuesday announced that it had acquired the rights to the mega-pastor and producer’s upcoming hourlong syndicated talk show. T.D. Jakes will premiere on 70 local TEGNA affiliates on Sept. 12 before launching on Oprah Winfrey’s cable network a week later on Sept. 19.
While continuing to serve as senior pastor of The Potter’s House in Dallas, which draws a weekly congregation of more than 40,000, Jakes is one of the biggest names in faith-based entertainment, most recently producing this spring’s Miracles From Heaven, starring Jennifer Garner. In total, his films, which also include 2014’s Heaven Is for Real, 2013’s Black Nativity, 2012’s Sparkle and 2011’s Jumping the Broom, have grossed more than $200 million.
Jakes’ influence extends to other platforms as well, including social media (more than 10 million followers). He has written more than 40 books, including recent New York Times best-sellers Instinct and Destiny, and his biannual conference MegaFest welcomed 93,000 attendees to Dallas last year and is expected to host more than 100,000 people this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day