- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Think, McFly. Think.
That is the message Ted Cruz was hammering to Indiana voters on Tuesday hours before polls closed for the state’s GOP primary.
Donald Trump is the current frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, but the Texas senator was trying to persuade voters to think of what the future will be like under the billionaire businessman, even citing the popular Back to the Future trilogy.
“If anyone has seen the movie Back to the Future II, the screenwriter says that he based the character Biff Tannen on Donald Trump — a caricature of a braggadocious, arrogant buffoon who builds giant casinos with giant pictures of him everywhere he looks,” Cruz told reporters. “We are looking potentially at the Biff Tannen presidency.”
Tom Wilson, the actor who played Tannen, previously told The Hollywood Reporter he did not base his portrayal of the character off Trump, nor was that notion ever suggested to him during filming.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day