- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The deal with Legendary will see Tencent partner on the production of upcoming video game adaptation Warcraft, according to the announcement.
Wanda’s deal will involve using China’s largest cinema chain to host marketing and promotional activities.
Tencent was among the investors in Monster Hunt, which recently became the most successful film in Chinese cinemas, and has been making a major play into the entertainment business. Just today a partnership with Hong Kong’s Celestial Pictures was revealed that will see the two remake the 1976 Shaw Brothers classic The Magic Blade.
Earlier this month Tencent set up production banner Penguin Pictures to “engage in the self-production of primarily online dramas, minority investments in movies, as well as to develop our own talent pool of artists.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood