- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on Nella Larsen’s 1929 novel of the same name, the story deals with “racial passing,” which refers to a member of one racial group being accepted by another racial group. Set in Harlem, the story follows two childhood friends, played by Thompson and Negga.
Margot Hand and Oren Moverman are producing, with Angela Robinson executive producing.
Hall, whose credits include The Gift and The Dinner, will next be seen in the Will Ferrell comedy Holmes and Watson.
Thompson is currently in theaters with Boots Riley’s Sorry to Bother You and will next be seen in Creed 2 and the Men in Black spinoff movie. Negga, who received an Oscar nom for her role in Loving, is set for Fox and New Regency’s sci-fi feature Ad Astra.
Negga is repped by ICM, Principal Entertainment and the U.K.’s Markham Froggatt; Thompson is repped by Greene & Associates and Mosaic; Hall is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day