- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I had to be soft and curvy, so I ate a lot of soy,” Chastain — who is a vegan — tells E! News.
“Soy helps you become curvy because it has estrogen in it. So what I would do—and this is really gross—is buy cartons of soy ice scream, microwave it and drink it. It was disgusting… [But] wait till you see my boobs in the movie,” she joked.
Chastain added about 15 pounds to her frame.
“It was like a form of torture because you put on all this weight and then you’re in the South where it’s really hot and muggy and you’re putting on girdles to suck you in,” she said of the Jackson, Miss.-based movie, which opened to $5.5 million on Wednesday.
But she quickly dropped it after filming wrapped on DreamWorks’ adaptation of Kathryn Stockett’s bestselling novel.
“I do a lot of yoga,” she says. “I’m also vegan, so that helps. I lose weight really quick.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day