- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran ABC News executive producer Jon Banner‘s return to This Week was not a long one.
The 44-year-old, who came back to the show he ran from 2000 to 2003 in January, has taken a new position at PepsiCo. A 15-time Emmy winner, Banner has been with ABC News for more than 20 years, notably serving as EP on both This Week and ABC World News.
He’ll hold the position of SVP of global strategy and planning on PepsiCo’s communications team when he joins the company after Labor Day.
“Jon understands today’s media landscape as well as anyone and knows how to create smart communications strategies across all forms of media,” read a statement from PepsiCo communications EVP Jim Wilkinson.
Banner returned to This Week in January when George Stephanopoulos took over the the Sunday morning news show’s desk from Christiane Amanpour. His last broadcast will be this Sunday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi