- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thom Beers is poised to become CEO of FremantleMedia North America.
A formal announcement naming the prolific unscripted producer behind Storage Wars, Ice Road Truckers, 1000 Ways to Die and Deadliest Catch is expected to come this week, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Beers would follow Cecile Frot-Coutaz, who in July was promoted to CEO of FremantleMedia North America’s production arm RTL Group.
FremantleMedia North America currently has a 75 percent stake in Beers’ Original Productions, where the producer remains CEO.
Frot-Coutaz was promoted July 1 at RTL, succeeding Tony Cohen in the post and relocating to London to take the helm of the company that produces American Idol.
Beers’ Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers have been brand-defining programs for Discovery and History, with TruTV also finding success with Black Gold.
“To me, it’s not just about the job, it’s finding a culture where there are rules and codes, heroes and villains,” Beers told THRin May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day