- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Classics has picked up the rights to The Meddler, which stars Susan Sarandon, Rose Byrne and J.K. Simmons, ahead of its world premiere in September at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival.
The movie was written and directed by Lorene Scafaria, who previously did Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.
Sony already had the worldwide rights to the project, with its division Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions having boarded it prior to the start of production. SPWA will distribute the film internationally.
SPC will give Meddler a theatrical release.
According to SPC, Meddler centers on Marnie Minervini (Sarandon), a recent widow and eternal optimist, who moves from New Jersey to Los Angeles to be closer to her daughter (Byrne). Armed with an iPhone and a full bank account, Marnie sets out to make friends, find her purpose, and possibly open up to someone new.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day