- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The hilarious Tiffany Haddish got relatively serious on the 90th Oscar red carpet when explaining her dress to Ryan Seacrest. She paid homage to her family’s heritage on the world’s biggest sartorial stage, and it worked.
“I wanted to look like an Eritrean princess,” said the Girl’s Trip star of her ivory strapless gown with black and gold diamond pattern up the dress and across the neckline and hem. She wore a black-and-yellow embroidered capelet over the dress and finished the look with a gold headpiece in the center part of her hair with a medallion hitting the top of her forehead.
“My father passed away last year and he’s from Eritrea. He told me, ‘One day you’re going to end up at the Oscars and when you go, you have to honor your people.’ So I’m wearing an Eritrean, authentic princess dress. And I’m proud of it,” Haddish said.
The ivory gown with gold accessories made the actress look regal, stylish and definitely individual.
Haddish memorably announced the nominees for the 90th Oscars and is among the presenters this evening.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day