- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Academy Award-winning actress Tilda Swinton has been named the latest face of Chanel just ahead of the fashion house’s Paris Fashion Week show next Tuesday.
The Scottish native will front the brand’s pre-Fall ad campaign for the Metiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg collection, which was shown Dec. 4. at Linlithgow Palace outside of Edinburgh, Scotland.
The campaign was shot by legendary designer Karl Lagerfeld at a chateau outside of Chantilly, France, and is expected to be released in full in May and appear in magazines in June. “Tilda perfectly embodies theParis-Edimbourg collection,” said Lagerfeld. “She is of course Scottish, but more than that, she is a modern woman, a timeless icon of elegance.”
Swinton, known for her avant-garde and androgynous style, was previously the face of Scottish knitwear brand Pringle for several seasons.
Chanel will debut its Fall collection at the Grand Palais in Paris on March 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day