- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tilda Swinton wore a stunning green-gold Haider Ackermann gown to Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre for the Oct. 20 premiere of Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange, but she also turned quite a few heads with the Tibetan monk by her side.
According to a source, the actress has grown close to a mindfulness meditation guru she invited on set while filming for her role as The Ancient One (a casting criticized for whitewashing the character, an Asian man in the comic).
The studio paid for him to travel to L.A. for the premiere and Magic Castle afterparty — where he kept close to Swinton and her boyfriend, visual artist Sandro Kopp — and accompany her on the worldwide press tour long after production wrapped.
Swinton could not be reached by THR for comment, but she confirmed the news to Reuters, offering, “I introduced him to the project and he’s been hanging out with us and teaching everybody, if they don’t know, about mindfulness and about how to still the mind.”
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day