- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was a classic moment in late-night television.
Don Rickles stopped by The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1976 to bust Frank Sinatra’s chops, but also to give him a big kiss on the lips — two things that if anyone else did outside the Rat Pack, there’d be trouble.
Rickles died Thursday. The legendary comedian and movie star was 90.
When he dropped in on Carson and Sinatra, he first began by speaking fake Italian to Ol‘ Blue Eyes and teasing him about the Mafia. Again, something Sinatra did not take lightly with others. But here, he is having a good time.
Rickles also made light of Sinatra’s recent marriage and said the iconic singer likely belts out his own tunes during love-making. Again, Sinatra was in stitches.
Still, the best part is toward the end, when Sinatra shares a great little story about Rickles and their hilarious interaction one night in a restaurant.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day