- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Timur Bekmambetov’s company Bazelevs has gotten a new head of its distribution division as the studio prepares for several major releases.
Vladislav Momdzhyan has been appointed general director of Bazelevs Distribution, replacing Dedislava Medkova, Bazelevs said on its website.
Momdzhyan, alongside new marketing director Viktoria Semiksheva, will focus on Bazelevs‘ upcoming major releases.
Two of them, New-Year-themed comedy Samy Luchshy Den (The Best Day Ever) by Zhora Kryzhovnikov, the director of one of 2013’s top-grossing movies, and Indar Dhendubayev‘s fantasy On — Drakon (He is a Dragon), are slated for release this coming December, the hottest time for local releases.
Another major Bazelevs release, the big-budget space exploration movie Vremya Pervykh (Time of the First), is tentatively scheduled for next year.
Momdzhyan came to Bazelevs from the position of general director at production company K12. He also worked as a TV series producer for Amedia and the Russian World Studios’ Moscow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day