- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have been tapped to present the life achievement award to the comedic trailblazer, actor, singer, dancer, producer and author. The frequent collaborators will present SAG-AFTRA’s top prize to Burnett during the 22nd Annual SAG Awards, which will air live Saturday at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on TNT and TBS.
Burnett is the 52nd recipient of SAG’s life achievement award, joining past honorees Debbie Reynolds, Rita Moreno, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Ernest Borgnine, Betty White, James Earl Jones, Charles Durning, Julie Andrews, Shirley Temple Black, James Garner, Karl Malden, Clint Eastwood, Edward Asner, Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, Sidney Poitier, Kirk Douglas, Elizabeth Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Robert Redford and George Burns.
Fey won five SAG Awards for her role as Liz Lemon on NBC’s 30 Rock, which also won a SAG Award for outstanding performance by an ensemble in a comedy series. Poehler is a three-time SAG Award nominee for her role as Leslie Knope on NBC’s Parks and Recreation. She is up for best actress in a comedy series this year for her role on the show, which ended in 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day