- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s upcoming comedy Sisters shares the same opening-day release as Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and in typical Fey-Poehler fashion the duo is making a joke about their Dec. 18 competition.
In a new promo titled “Sisters: The Farce Awakens,” the pair assumes the serious tone and score reserved for Star Wars promos to preview their light-hearted film, which features Fey and Poehler as adult siblings who decide to throw one final party in their childhood home.
Speaking in exaggerated accents (“We’re not British, we’re just using these accents to cover our buzz,” says Fey, before Poehler adds: “We’re really drunk”), the co-stars riff on the “exciting” anticipation for their movie by highlighting behind-the-scenes clips and interviews with the cast. “R2-D2 is my current bra size,” shares Fey as her bit of personal trivia, while Maya Rudolph channels her inner Chewbacca.
Watch below to see how the pair pays homage to Sisters — and who on the cast uses a lightsaber.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day