- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tina Fey continues to shape her post-30 Rock acting slate, entering negotiations to star alongside Jason Bateman in This Is Where I Leave You, Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the book by Jonathan Tropper.
Shawn Levy is directing the movie and producing along with Paula Weinstein.
Tropper wrote the script, which centers on a man (Bateman) whose father dies and tasks his dysfunctional family comprised of four grown siblings with one last request: to spend seven days following the funeral together under the same roof for first time in a decade.
If a deal comes together, Fey will play Bateman’s older sister, a woman who is married and whose first love now has brain damage.
The project, which is eyeing a production start in June in New York, also is casting other female roles: Bateman read actresses Ari Graynor, Isla Fisher, Zoe Saldana and Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the part of the romantic lead, but no decision has been made. Kathryn Hahn is looking likely to play Bateman’s sister-in-law.
Fey is expected to segue into the role after she wraps shooting a leading role in Disney’s The Muppets…Again!, the sequel to The Muppets, which is currently shooting in Europe.
Fey is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment, Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day