- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – TLC and Discovery chief Eileen O’Neill is to discuss a fast-changing factual entertainment business at the upcoming Banff World Media Festival when she delivers a feature address.
O’Neill, recently promoted to group president of Discovery Channel, Science Channel and Velocity Networks, will share insights into turning channels like TLC into a top-10 cable network and developing popular hits like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Sarah Palin’s Alaska, American Chopper, Hoarding: Buried Alive, Cake Boss and Say Yes to the Dress.
“Banff is one of the most important marketplaces for television production and development, and I look forward to collaborating and sharing with this great group of executives,” O’Neill said in a statement on Wednesday.
Formerly group president for Discovery Channel, TLC and Discovery Fit & Health, O’Neill oversaw the three networks, from program development to marketing.
The 2014 Banff World Media Festival is set to run from June 8-11 in the Canadian Rockies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day