- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Old habits die hard. TLC band member, T-Boz, has reportedly filed for bankruptcy for the second time since doing so in 1995.
TMZ reports that Tionne Watkins aka T-Boz filed for bankruptcy in October. According to the court papers, she’s hoping to unload about $768,643 in debt to creditors – primarily mortgage payments for her $1.2 million dollar home.
Apparently, the rapper and singer has an income of $11,700 a month and describes her monthly expenses as only totaling $8,821. With several successes during her career with TLC — which includes four multi-platinum selling albums – she only gets $1,200 a month in royalties.
T-Boz claims on the court papers that she is currently owed $250,000 in child support payments.
In 1995, T-Boz and her TLC band mates made headlines when they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy at the height of the success of their Grammy-winning album, CrazySexyCool, which sold 11-million copies in the U.S. alone.
In 2004, T-Boz tried to show her entrepreneurial skills on Donald Trump’s The Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, but was fired after the show’s sixth task after she volunteered to return to the boardroom. Last year, she also appeared on band mate Chilli’s VH1 reality show, What Chilli Wants, which chronicled the singer’s search for love.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day