- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TLC’s Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins is heading to, where else, TLC.
The former member of the R&B music group will topline her own docu-series, Totally T-Boz (working title), centered on Watkins’ return to Los Angeles with the goal of restarting her music career, this time as a single mother and after recovering from a life-threatening brain tumor.
TLC has ordered four episodes of Totally T-Boz, which has already begun filming. The series is being eyed for an early 2013 premiere.
“Tionne dominated the charts for years, turning the group TLC into household name, and her personal journey is as fascinating as her professional one,” said Amy Winter, general manager of TLC. “This series will open the door into T-Boz’s struggles and successes, and the people who are there to support her as she works to make her dreams come true all over again.”
Expected to appear in Totally T-Boz is Watkins’ daughter Chase, her brother Kayo, cousins Barb and Chris, best friend Tae-Tae and business partner Tara.
John Doe Media is producing.
As a group, TLC has sold more than 65 million albums worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day