- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tobias Jesso Jr.‘s rise to fame is only just beginning. As the new kid on the block, the singer-songwriter is about to join some of music’s most legendary talents as the star of the latest installment of Saint Laurent’s Music Project.
The 29-year-old, whose budding fan base includes sister band Haim and Patrick Carney of The Black Keys, has earned a coveted spot among the likes of Joni Mitchell, Kim Gordon, Daft Punk and B.B. King, to name a few, who have starred in the black-and-white portrait series shot by the brand’s creative director, Hedi Slimane.
The rocker was photographed in the Malibu hills last April looking particularly forlorn in a black suit that contrasts sharply with the dry desert background. The mop-headed Canadian, whose first album, Goon, was released in March, perfectly embodied Slimane’s brooding-artist aesthetic as he posed, squinting in the bright sunlight.
L.A.-based Slimane began the Music Project in 2012 after signing on as Saint Laurent’s creative director. He has since shot several artists, the most recent being Queens of the Stone Age lead singer Josh Homme.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day