- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Toby Emmerich took the reins of Warner Bros. Pictures in January, replacing Greg Silverman. Now he’s taking a sledgehammer to the executive suite.
As his executive team comes together — Courtenay Valenti was upped to president of production while Kevin McCormick has returned to the Warners fold as a senior exec — Emmerich is intent on giving the office a makeover.
A studio insider tells THR that Emmerich is in the process of overseeing various changes to Warners‘ office space in an attempt to foster new and better ways to create a collaborative environment and increase the flow of ideas.
That could include a reorganization of the layout and/or the introduction of a communal kitchen, said to be one of his chief concerns.
Coming from New Line, Emmerich, who is said to have a good eye for design, is used to a more fluid way of doing business, while life inside the halls of Warner Bros., like most Hollywood studios, is known to be more traditional and structured.
A version of this story first appeared in the May 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day