- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As the ratings tug of war rages on between NBC and ABC’s evening news broadcasts, NBC News scored a rare win in the morning battle.
For the week of April 20, Today topped in the news demo of adults 25-54. It edged out Good Morning America by 28,000 viewers in the group with an average 1.79 million. That’s the biggest demo victory Today has managed to pull since its Olympics-boosted episodes in 2014.
GMA‘s win among total viewers was a less close race. The ABC show averaged 5.08 million compared to Today‘s 4.8 million.
Not to be outdone, ABC News also sent out a ratings release on Friday morning to announce its win for the third consecutive TV season in a row — even though it’s not quite over yet. For its part, GMA did grow the overall gap between itself and Today among adults 25-54 over the eight months.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day