- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Former Today show co-host Tamron Hall has inked a development deal with Disney-ABC to develop a syndicated daytime talk show that she will host.
Hall, who left Today in early 2017, teased the deal on Instagram last night. “We all have ‘one more round’ in us,” she wrote.
In a prepared statement on Wednesday, Hall said, “My new partners appreciate and respect the relationship I’ve built with my audience and know that if we create television worth watching, they’ll join us for the ride. I’m so grateful and excited for this next chapter. The landing makes the leap of faith so worth it!”
William Burton, senior vp of ABC Daytime, said that Hall’s “wealth of experience and unique perspective is needed in today’s daytime landscape.” He added, “We look forward to developing a daily destination showcasing her spirit, boundless enthusiasm and powerful ability to engage with viewers.”
Since 2013, Hall has also hosted a show for Investigation Discovery called Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall.
She had signed a development deal with Weinstein Television in July 2017 to develop a daytime talk show. The deal came into question after The New York Times and The New Yorker published revelations about Harvey Weinstein’s alleged sexual misconduct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day