- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tokyo International Film Festival is to showcase the work of Keiichi Hara in this year’s Animation Focus section.
Hara worked on anime TV hits including Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan, before switching to anime features. His films Summer Days With Coo (2007) and Colorful (2010) both won awards internationally as well as the Japan Academy Prize. His 2015 period anime Miss Hokusai garnered both commercial success and critical praise.
In addition to the screenings, there will be talk shows and other events, with more details to be announced by the festival.
Previous editions of the Special Focus on Japanese Animation have included showcases of Hideaki Anno (Evangelion) in 2014 and Mamoru Hosoda (The Boy and the Beast) last year.
This year marks the 100th anniversary of Japanese animation and the 30th edition of TIFF.
TIFF will take place Oct. 25-Nov. 3 in Tokyo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Congressman Adam Schiff on Trump’s GOP Grip, Looming WGA Strike and His All-Time Favorite Show
Singer Kane Brown on His First Acting Gig on ‘Fire Country’: “The Perfect Start of My Acting Career” (Exclusive Video)
GLAAD Media Awards: Stars Denounce Attacks on LGBTQ+ Community as Bad Bunny, Christina Aguilera Accept Honors