- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Colicchio and his wife, Lori Silverbush, tweeted they discovered the graffiti on Tuesday.
Police say “TRUMP” was painted in red on the mailbox. “Cuomo=Death to America” with a hammer and sickle was painted on the street and grass. “Cynthia Nixon, Go Home, Silverbush and Padhma” and a star appeared in white.
Nixon is challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in the Democratic primary. Padma Lakshmi is host of Top Chef.
Colicchio tweeted he believes the incident was in response to his displaying a sign supporting Perry Gershon, a Democrat running for Congress against Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin.
Both Zeldin and Gershon criticized the incident on Facebook.
— Tom Colicchio (@tomcolicchio) August 21, 2018
Woke up this a.m. to a swath of hate speech painted across the property I share with @tomcolicchio and our 2 little boys. Cute touch: my name & a defaced Jewish star. Wake up USA: POTUS tacitly applauds this. THIS is whats at stake in the upcoming elections. #Vote2018 #NeverAgain pic.twitter.com/8tp3HYka2p
— Lori Silverbush (@lsilverbush) August 21, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day