- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Get ready for another Jack Reacher movie.
Tom Cruise is looking to make a sequel to Reacher, the 2012 thriller based on the books by Lee Child.
Paramount and Skydance Productions are reteaming to put another movie in development, this one based on Never Go Back.
Cruise, who would reprise his role as a former military police officer, and the companies are looking for writers to tackle the script. Christopher McQuarrie wrote and directed the first one but now is focused on Mission: Impossible 5.
Never Go Back, published in September, has critics calling it one of the best of the 18-book (so far) series. The book sees Reacher on a cross-country run after facing trumped-up charges, a woman claiming he fathered her child and a female commanding officer.
While the first Reacher film made only $80 million domestically, the worldwide total was $218 million. The movie cost around $60 million to produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day