- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The appearance by Cruise and Kosinski will be simulcast between New York City and nine other Imax theaters, including in Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Dallas.
The Oblivion Q&A will come ahead of the nationwide release on April 19, with special Imax previews in Imax theaters to start on April 18.
“We’re excited to team up with our partners at Universal and Los Angeles Times for this exciting Hero Complex event — offering fans who are feverishly anticipating this cinematic spectacle an early way to connect with the film by speaking directly with Tom Cruise and Joe Kosinski,” said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement Tuesday.
Imax super-sized Oblivion with a larger aspect ratio than the conventional release of the film.
The Hero Complex screening series involving Imax previously featured Kosinski’s Tron: Legacy in 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day