- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Tom Cruise‘s Mission: Impossible 5 will play on Imax screens worldwide when it’s released on July 31, Paramount announced.
The fifth installment in the Mission: Impossible franchise — from Paramount, Skydance and Bad Robot — will be digitally supersized by the giant-screen exhibitor.
“Imax is so important in giving the audience the best experience of the film we have made. I am very happy to have this partnership on the next ‘Mission’,” Cruise said in a statement. Paramount and Skydance earlier moved up the release of Mission: Impossible 5 from Christmas 2015 to July 31.
Mission: Impossible 5 is directed by Christopher McQuarrie and reunites Cruise with his Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol co-stars Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Ving Rhames.
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol screened almost exclusively on Imax screens for the first five days of the movie’s release in 2011. Joining the cast for Mission: Impossible 5 are Alec Baldwin, Rebecca Ferguson and Sean Harris.
The film is being produced by Cruise, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day