- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Imax and Paramount Pictures said the plan would be the first time a U.K. movie has been released early in Imax theaters.
The aim from both is to reinforce the “event nature” of the movie, some of which director Brad Bird shot scenes for using Imax cameras.
One of them sees Cruise scaling part of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai, before performing a dizzying stunt by running down part of it attached to a fire hose.
The picture will play big in Imax in the U.K. from Dec. 21 this year before going wide from Dec. 26 everywhere.
Imax also announced it is teaming with U.K. exhibition giant Cineworld Group for a revenue sharing agreement to install three new digital IMAX® theater systems in England and Scotland.
The systems will be installed in existing multiplexes in Edinburgh, Sheffield and Nottingham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day