- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Ford is going Hollywood for his next runway show — literally. The designer will be opting out of London Fashion Week next season to show his fall 2015 collection in Los Angeles on Feb. 20, reports The Independent.
Currently dividing his time between Europe and L.A., where he and husband Richard Buckley have a home, Ford says he has always felt a connection with Tinseltown.
“So many visuals in our world are filtered through Los Angeles, including music, television and film, and in this way it influences global fashion in a profound way,” Ford tells the British news site. “Like fashion, film is also a creative endeavor that is extremely important to me. I am excited to bring these two aspects of my life together by presenting the collection in Los Angeles.”
Ford made his directorial debut in 2009 with the Oscar-nominated film A Single Man, starring Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Nicholas Hoult and Matthew Goode. Perhaps the move means we might see the 53-year-old in the director’s chair again? Only time will tell.
With the relocation, the fashion crowd will have to decide whether to attend Ford’s show or miss out on the first day of LFW, which kicks off Feb. 20. Ah, the decisions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Women in Entertainment