- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of receiving the CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award next Monday, Tom Ford sat down with Style.com’s Tim Blanks to discuss his career, as well as the power of Instagram.
Ford believes “customers don’t care anymore about reviews or hard-copy publications.” Instead, he thinks Rihanna‘s Instagram is more influential. “They care what picture Rihanna just Instagrammed while she’s naked in bed, what new shoes she has on, how she’s talking about them. That’s what they respond to,” he explained. Given that Instagram has shut down @badgalriri’s account for violating their term of use with her topless photos, we hope Ford is aware that seeing what the pop star is doing nude isn’t so accessible anymore.
Now, we wonder what Robin Givhan or Vanessa Friedman would have to say about this. Because we’d most certainly read their take on Rihanna’s impact on the style community.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day