- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Ford is heading to New York for his fall 2016 presentation, with plans to show both his womenswear and menswear collections on the last day of New York Fashion Week on Feb. 18.
Unlike his fall 2015 show in Los Angeles, where practically every A-lister arrived for the star-studded extravaganza, Ford plans to put on “small, intimate presentations,” reports WWD. Ford also opted out of showing in London, where he typically presents his collections, for his spring 2016 range and instead created a virtual fashion show that starred Lady Gaga in his designer duds.
In explaining his decision to show in the Big Apple, Ford told the fashion trade, “When I began my own company, I wanted to create clothes with the highest level of workmanship and attention to detail. Pieces that a customer would keep for life. This is one of the reasons that I launched my women’s collection in a small presentation in New York, where the audience could experience the clothes up close.”
Ford’s decision to try different ways of presenting his work comes at a time when the industry is also rethinking Fashion Week’s current system.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day