- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We’re the greatest, most resilient nation in all of civilization,” the Oscar-winning actor said Thursday on CBS This Morning. “We’ll be fine.”
When the 59-year-old Hanks stopped by the studio to promote his latest film, A Hologram for the King, he was asked about the 2016 election thus far and his thoughts on Trump in the White House.
“We’ve worked ourselves out of holes many, many times over and over again,” Hanks said.
When asked if that meant he thought Trump would be harmful to the nation, Hanks responded, “I have no powers of clairvoyance like you geniuses in the news media.”
“I’m not saying he’s going to be president of the United States,” Hanks added. “I’m going to say that we’re going to have the most hilarious September, October and first week of November in a very long, long time. And you [media] people are going to be exhausted.”
A Hologram for the King opens Friday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day