- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Rocketman actor will turn out as a charismatic leader who presents a unique opportunity to Murphy’s character, Tommy Shelby, in the second season.
The move reunites Hardy with his Locke writer and director Steven Knight, who created Peaky Blinders and is writing all six episodes of the second series. Hardy also finds himself opposite Murphy once again, after working together in The Dark Knight Rises and Inception.
Hardy’s casting in the show set U.K. social media alight as fans of the shows declared the producer’s move to secure Hardy as “top casting.”
The second season of Peaky Blinders starts shooting later this month and will air on BBC Two in the fall 2014.
It will see the Shelby family expand their empire as the 1920s begin to roar.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek