- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Holland is in talks to star in the Russo brothers’ adaptation of Nico Walker’s Cherry.
The New York Times best-seller is told from the perspective of a former Army medic who becomes addicted to opioids after returning home with PTSD and begins robbing banks, which eventually lands him in jail.
While the author insists it is not a memoir, the story closely resembles the life of Walker, who is currently serving an 11-year sentence in a federal prison in Kentucky after pleading guilty in 2012 to robbing 11 banks around Cleveland. He is due to be released in 2020.
Holland and the Russos have worked together on multiple Marvel films, including Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and the upcoming Avengers: Endgame. He is set to reprise his Peter Parker role in Spider-Man: Far from Home.
Holland is repped by WME and the U.K.’s Curtis Brown.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live