- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie will launch on Nov. 27, the same corridor that The Weinstein Co. used to release Hooper’s Oscar-winning The King’s Speech, as well as this year’s The Imitation Game. This time out, Focus has grabbed the prime date first.
The Danish Girl reteams Focus and Working Title, who partnered on The Theory of Everything, for which Redmayne won the best actor Academy Award last month. Working Title has a long term deal with Focus parent studio Universal, which will handle Danish Girl internationally.
Inspired by the lives of artists Einar and Gerda Wegener, whose marriage takes a dramatic turn when Einar (Redmayne) decides to become the world’s first transgender woman, Lili Elbe. Redmayne stars opposite Alicia Vikander.
“In the tradition of Focus’ history of epic and moving love stories, The Danish Girl promises to be unforgettable,” said Focus chief Peter Schlessel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day