- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Tom Mockridge, the News Corp. executive appointed by Rupert Murdoch to clean up the mess at News International after the phone-hacking scandal, will make his first public appearance in front of the phone-hacking inquiry next Tuesday (Jan. 17).
His appearance at the Leveson Inquiry in to the culture, standards and practices of the press will see Mockridge give evidence under oath. He is likely to give evidence about the changes to News International’s policy and press standards following the closure of the News of The World. He may also be asked about the process of internal investigation at News Corporation as it continues to work with the police to investigate the full extent of wrongdoing.
Mockridge replaced Rebekah Brooks as the chief executive of News International after Brooks resigned last summer following the closure of The News of The World.
To date seventeen former executives at the paper – including Brooks – have been arrested on a range of criminal charges including phone hacking, obstructing justice and bribery.
He was previously chief executive at Sky Italia, and has something of a tough guy reputation, taking on both Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and former U.S. Vice President Al Gore in various commercial wrangles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”
The Woman King
Gina Prince-Bythewood to Be Honored at Black Business Association Salute to Black Women Event
Jeremy Renner Says Snowplow Involved in New Year’s Day Accident Is “Finally Making Her Way Back Home”