- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tommy Chong was a very happy man on Tuesday night.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, the actor, comedian and marijuana advocate said he was not surprised California voters approved a ballot measure which allows recreational use of marijuana to become legal.
“I am celebrating right now,” Chong told THR, with a chuckle. “I am so happy it worked out.”
Chong, the other half of the stoner comic duo Cheech and Chong, said voters did their homework and realized marijuana is less dangerous than other substances, such as alcohol. “It’s safer than anything else we have out there,” he added.
Chong also anticipated his cannabis company, Chong’s Choice, was about to get a lot busier.
As for marijuana still being illegal on the federal level, he said he hopes President Barack Obama will issue an executive order as one of his last acts in office and reschedule marijuana from level 1 to level 2, making it acceptable for medical use.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union