- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Toni Erdmann star Sandra Huller has joined the cast of Fack Ju Gohte 3, the third and final entry in the massively successful German schooldays comedy franchise directed by Bora Dagtekin.
Huller, who played driven businesswoman Ines Conradi in Maren Ade’s Oscar-nominated Toni Erdmann, will play a sharp-tongued teacher in Fack Ju Gohte 3, alongside franchise regulars Elyas M’Barek and Corinna Harfouch.
The Fack Ju Gohte films have been huge hits in German-speaking Europe. The first two movies sold 15.1 million tickets, grossing $150 million. The films follow a petty criminal turned schoolteacher (M’Barek) who uses his street smarts to win over a class of education-resistant pupils.
The role is unusual for Huller, who is best known as a theater actress and for her roles in art house films. In addition to Toni Erdmann, she’s starred in Hans-Christian Schmid’s Requiem, for which she won the Berlin Film Festival’s best actress prize in 2006; in Nanouk Leopold’s Brownian Movement (2010); and, in 2014, in Jessica Hausner’s Amour Fou.
Constantin Film is producing Fack Ju Gohte 3. The film is set to begin shooting this Spring and will hit German cinemas Oct. 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day